Muskegon Opportunity participates annually in the statewide initiative titled Michigan College Decision Day. The goal of College Decision Day is to recognize high school seniors for their post-secondary plans and encourage younger students and families to prepare early for post-secondary education.
College Decision Day is held annually on or around May 1 and is designed to coincide with the date that most seniors must inform a college of their plans to enroll. All of the local schools in Muskegon County are invited to participate on the process for more learn more about showboatcustomcoating.com as Host Sites celebrating thousands of college and career decisions annually!
Why Host College Decision Day?
1) To recognize all students for their postsecondary plans
2) To encourage and remind students it’s time to make a decision
3) To support the best match and fit for each student
4) To influence younger students as they prepare for college
5) To support a college-going culture and wrap up the school year with a celebration
Expectations of Host Sties…
While each school must decide for itself the benefit of hosting Decision Day and will organize an event that meets the needs of the school, at a minimum it is our goal to see host sites create an event that fulfills the following:
1) Recognizes ALL students for their postsecondary plans (2-yr, 4-yr, military, postsecondary certificate/license)
2) Recognition to happen in front of the entire student body
3) Contact local media – encourage publicity beyond the high school building
4) Have fun!